Monday, June 4, 2012

The ABCs of Being Senior

The ABC's of Being Senior:

A's for arthritis, 

B's the bad back,
C's the chest pains, perhaps car-di-ac?
is for dental decay and decline,
 E is for eyesight, can't read that top line!
F is for fissures and fluid retention, 
G is for gas which I'd rather not mention.
H high blood pressure--I'd rather it low,
I for incisions with scars you can show.
J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,
K is for knees that crack when they bend.
L 's for Liver, is it still there, 
M is for memory, I forget what comes next.
N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low, 
O is for osteo, bones that don't grow!
 P for prescriptions, I have quite a few, just give me a pill and I'll be good as new!
is for queasy, is it fatal or flu? 
R is for reflux, one meal turns to two. 
is for sleepless nights, counting my fears, 
T is for Tinnitus; bells in my ears!
U is for urinary; troubles with flow, 
V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy,' you know. W for worry, now what's going 'round?
X is for X ray, and what might be found.
for another year I'm left here behind,
Z is for zest I still have-- in my mind!

The rallying cry of many seniors to the above ABC's:

"I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed,
and I'm keeping twenty-six doctors fully employed!"

And then there's a new Senior Moments Alphabet that you will see come to life next week when the latest SENIOR MOMENTS Video Blog is published.

Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment